The Glazer Law Office, PLLC: Professional Effective Aggressive Experienced Compassionate Committed Reliable Informed
There are three ways to be charged with simple assault (also known as “misdemeanor assault”). An individual commits assault if he or she:
- Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing any physical injury to another person; or
- Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury; or
- Knowingly touching another person with the intent to injure, insult or provoke such person.
Depending on the circumstances, Assault charges vary in classification and severity of punishment.
Class 1: Up to 6 months in jail/fines of $2,500 (plus assessments and surcharges)/3 years of probation.
Class 2: Up to 4 months in jail/fines of $750 (plus assessments and surcharges)/2 years of probation.
Class 3: Up to 30 days in jail/fines of $500 (plus assessments and surcharges)/1 year of probation.
The Glazer Law Office is familiar with the classifications of assault as they pertain to Arizona law and can create a strategy to obtain the best possible result in your case.
Many factors can elevate the charge from a simple to an aggravated assault, including but not limited to:
- Causing serious physical injury to another;
- Use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument;
- Assault by any means of force that causes substantial impairment to or loss of any body part;
- Assault while the victim is restrained; and
- Assault on a minor under fifteen (15) years of age.
For more information about Aggravated Assault, click here.
Why You Should Hire The Glazer Law Office, PLLC
The Glazer Law Office, PLLC can effectively evaluate the circumstances surrounding your case to create a solid defense that will help you achieve the least severe sentence possible.
Take the time to meet with us and discuss your case. We offer free case consultations to inform you of your options and put your mind at ease.
The Glazer Law Office, PLLC